The following hacks are practice hacks, there are different ROMs that have different features enabled, these features are the following:
- Saving - This adds savestate support using Select+Y+R for saving and Select+Y+L for loading, there is also a 2P variant that loads/saves on controller 2. (SD2Snes Only)
- InfoHud - This adds this extra information to the HUD useful for speedrunning purposes:
There is also a slow-motion feature added to controller 2, d-pad down slows the game down, d-pad up speeds it up, d-pad right pauses and frame advances, and d-pad left restores the speed to normal.
- 1 - By default shows the first loaded enemy's HP, this can be toggled using controller 2 L/R to show charge timer, x-factor timer or shinespark timer instead.
- 2 - Item Percentage
- 3 - Number of e-tanks
- 4 - Current total energy
- 5 - Game time in minutes.seconds
- 6 - Realtime timer in seconds.frames, resets when entering a new room and updates on item acquisition and room transitions.
- 7 - Gametime timer in seconds.frames, works the same as above.
- 8 - Lag frames, updates same as above
- 9 - Frames spent by last door transition
- NoFanfare - This removes all item fanfares and replaces them with a short sound, it also speeds up the message boxes.
- InputDisplay - Shows an inputdisplay in the top left of the HUD
- Menu - This adds an ingame menu that can be used to modify the gamestate and teleport and more.
The menu is accessed by pressing Select+Start, then select the option with the d-pad, press A to confirm and B to go back, Start exits the menu.
- Added "Magic Pants" to the menu (Config -> Infohud -> Magic Pants). This flashes Samus on the frame run needs to be held to charge a spark.
- Added options for setting specific ammo counts.
- Added "Reset all Doors" and "Reset all Items" to the events menu.
- Possibly some other small changes I forgot about :)
- Changed menu mapping to Select+Start to make it easier to not enter the menu by accident
- Added E-tanks and Reserve tanks to Equipment menu where you can specify the amount of tanks you want to have
- Added Hyper Beam to Misc menu
- Added a new Config menu where you can configure the lower left value on the infohud as well as other game variables.
- Added a new in-game menu accessed by Select+Y+B that can teleport and configure events and items and more.
- Updated the save-state code so it's more stable and should now cause less graphical issues. (Thanks to Myria for this)
- Minor bugfixes to the infohud code fixing things like not being able to see the credits.